Initiated during the Residential Workshop in Dec 2004, the EngD Society was set up as an affiliation to SYE Dept. (Previous ADSE Dept., SEEM Dept. and MEEM Dept.) of CityU. A Special General Meeting was held on 16 March 2005. The Constitution & By-laws were adopted and the Board of Directors formally elected. The formal EngD Society was then established in 2005.
In 2019, the Society applied to be company limited for guarantee and named "CityU Engineering Doctorate Society Company Limited" (城大工程博士學會有限公司).
1. To encourage senior alumni who concern about development of tertiary education and continuing education to exchange thoughts and make contributions to the University for advancement of Hong Kong tertiary education;
2. To support University's student activities and offer assistance and advice to help students' personal and career development through comprehensive training and educational activities of charitable nature for advancement of Hong Kong tertiary education;
3. In furtherance of the objects of the Society but not otherwise to support the University to build a higher profile for public recognition of its achievements by promoting self-recognition and mutual encouragement among the University's students and alumni;
4. To identify and participate in meaningful community activities and projects of charitable nature; and
5. To raise money for or procuring contributions to the fund of the Society in form of donation, annual subscriptions, or otherwise for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the Society through personal or written appeal, public meeting, campaigns, social performance, dinners, shows or gatherings, as may from time to time be deemed expedient.
我們會使用 cookie 分析網站流量，並為您最佳化網站的使用體驗。您接受我們使用 cookie，即表示您的資料會和其他使用者的資料進行整合。